Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Candle and Soap Convention

March 4th was the first Florida Suds and Light convention. What a fun time I had. I learned a lot about making soap, and it gives me a whole new appreciation of handmade soap. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be buying soap from the store anymore.. It might cost less but the handmade stuff is great. I'm not sure I want to tackle making soap with lye, it looked pretty intense, think I'll stick with candles and incense. They had some workshops on soy candles and I picked up a few good hints that I am going to try. It was nice talking to other candle makers and seeing what they sell and the marketing they use. I brought my catalog with me and was really surprised how many people loved my set up and candles. It made me want to go right home and make more. I bought some new wax to try. Palm wax is a vegetable wax and has a very nice snowflake effect. Look for some pictures coming soon. I made one candle this weekend took it to work and sold it right away.. Yes I LOVE making candles.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, they actually have candle conventions? That's pretty neat. I'll bet it won't be long and you'll be giving lectures and workshops on candlemaking at one of those conventions.

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home